Configure to match your business processes.
Design processes and workflows to match the way your finance team works.
Your business is unique. So it makes sense to use finance and accounting software that works the way your business works. Intacct makes it easy to configure your finance and accounting software to meet your needs from the start—as well as for years to come as your business grows and evolves.
No matter how you configure your system, or how sophisticated your accounting needs become, the system preserves all your configuration preferences throughout every update.
You can configure Intacct to customize every aspect of your business:
- Workflows. Easily tailor Intacct to reflect exactly how your finance organization routes tasks and approvals. No need to change the way you do business.
- Settings. Standard settings make it easy for you to start using Intacct—by mapping user interface layouts correctly the first time - using best-practices templates or accounting and non-accounting settings to define workflows.
- Dimensions. Capture the most granular details of your business transactions with built-in multi-dimensional capabilities, categorizing your data for rich reporting and analysis. Track all your data using up to 13 separate dimensions, 9 of which you can rename or repurpose to reflect your business or industry. For example, you can monitor GAAP profitability by month, by region, by customer, or actual vs. budget gross margin by quarter, by product, or by location.
- Custom fields. Create additional fields to support your unique business requirements. For example, you can add new fields using your branding to customize appearance of your invoices.
- Smart events and triggers. Let Intacct monitor data and transactions to find the events you define—such as slow balances, missing approvals, delays, or other conditions - and send you alerts when those conditions arise.
- Reports. Choose from our built-in library of more than 150 standard reports and dashboards that give you visibility into the information that matters most to your business. Or see your business in new ways by quickly creating custom reports and dashboards that integrate both financial and operational data.
- Mashups. Use SmartLink to display real time external web content within your Intacct finance and accounting software. For example, you can create a SmartLink to view stock price trends or customer newsfeeds.
- New screens. Create entirely new screens that mesh with the prebuilt transaction and workflow screens in Intacct.